Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes with weird lines

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Spicy

Spicy

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:48 AM

Ok so for a couple of weeks now my ASUS M51Va Laptop has been randomly crashing on me with the screen freezing up and then filling with multi - coloured lines and the only way to keep using the computer is to hold the shutdown button manually and reboot. This happens no matter what I'm doing...
I could just leave the comp idle for about an hour and it crashes. Trying to play games or anything like I used to be able to is impossible now as i get 30 mins of gameplay if lucky then it crashes
Generally I can tell when it is going to crash because programs will randomly stop working and malfunction but there is nothing I can do to prevent it. I have Reinstalled Vista twice and have tried factory setting but i continues even though it's been wiped. The last time I reinstalled I have been unable to install SP2 as it kept saying that it could not be installed. I am on the verge of buying a new hard drive as I believe it is corrupted.

System specs:
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz, 2534 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
320GB SATA Seagate Momentus 5200.5

Please need as much help as possible

Edited by Spicy, 22 April 2011 - 07:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:28 AM

Could be an overheating...

Download System Information for Windows (SIW free version)
No installation required.

After it scans your computer, navigate to Hardware>Sensors and post all info from there.

Posted Image

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Spicy

Spicy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

Here it is
I don't believe it's an overheating problem as I have had that before so I now have a cooling pad and have blown it out with a compressor numerous times
I can see it is hot but last time it overheated it just shut down without any signs and no lines on screen

Attached Files

Edited by Spicy, 22 April 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

Those look fine.
Since you just reinstalled Windows, I'd assume, it's not video driver problem.

I suspect, you have either video chip going south, or even motherboard issue.
In case of a laptop, neither one is good news.

Unfortunately, short of going to computer shop, we can't do much online.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 Spicy

Spicy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

Oh ok so I should go hand it in to a computer repair shop and see what they can do?
Anyway thanks for the help.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

I wish, I had better news :(

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users