Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello There

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hxrmn

Hxrmn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:23 AM

Greetings BC,

My name is Zachary, I am 21 years of age and been working on computers for a long time and have used this website as a resource before.
I have now decided that it's high time I become a part of this community.

I used to work at Staples doing computer repair work and virus removal jobs.
Well to be honest, we just pressed a button and had someone else do it (don't waste $99.99 on it, trust me) so I know some things about
the nature of viruses and how to remove them (very little though).

My main reason for joining is this; we have a lot of computers in our house and I'm usually the person in charge of fixing them.
Well tonight I've run aground with a very stubborn virus and really need some help.
I will be posting a topic about this promptly, but wanted to take the time to introduce myself (in accordance with proper forum etiquette).

Thank you very much for welcoming me into this community and while I hope to benefit from it,
I would also like to contribute in any way possible.

-Zak (obligatory signing of own post)

P.S.
As for the nature of my username/handle,
I was 12 at the time and was going for something along the lines of Haxorman,
but "Hxrmn" was the weird set of garbled up letters AOL Instant Messenger spat out at me
when I tried to register, so I kept it (because of it's uniqueness).

Edited by Hxrmn, 22 April 2011 - 02:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ViroDox

ViroDox

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:17 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer!
You had a rather "epic" intro post.:wink:

I hope you problem is solved, good luck.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 ReBeLi0uS1

ReBeLi0uS1

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:42 AM

greetings! I currently work at s t a p l e s as an E.T.E, but man...we do way more than press a button to remove viruses! LOL What kind of setup did you guys have going on?? Anyway, lovin this site already and i'm sure you will too! enjoy!

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

Welcome to BC!
Often fixing a computer problem, especially when malware is concerned, is a very complex problem that requires an unique solution. Given the amount of training and experience of many of the Staff, as well as some Members, these problems can be solved without cost.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users