Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista 32 bit Home edition won't boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tonyd3870

tonyd3870

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:22 AM

Hello,

My desktop PC was in the middle of an update and unfortunately was accidentally shut off. :nono: Now no matter what I try I get the "blue screen" of death. I tried booting through safe mode, the Vista operating system cd, booting to CD/DVD only, Startup Repair under Advance Options (after hitting F8), and anything else under Advance Options but I always encounter the "blue screen".

Can a bootable Vista CD/DVD be created where I can use the Repair Tools or anything to get going again? I researched about downloading a Vista .ISO file but didn't feel safe about using a torrent download.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:50 AM

the information which appears on the blue screen can help us determine what's wrong. please post.

#3 tonyd3870

tonyd3870
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

Blue Screen information;

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0X0000c1f5 (0X00000000, 0X00000000, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

#4 tonyd3870

tonyd3870
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

Since I couldn't figure it out, I somehow found a way to get it booted and I reloaded Vista. Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users