Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

error message Open With --Choose the Program You want to use to open this program

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GJbean

GJbean

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

Hi: my first post and I need help. It seems like I have a very nasty virus and I admit I feel very stupid.

I use Vista 32 bit Service Pack Two.

Basic Problem: I cannot open Word, Disc Clean up, RKILL, Malaware OR ANYTHING. That is because every time I try I keep getting a regular looking dialog box with this exact message:

In Blue Bar accross the top "Open With"
Then in grey area : "Choose the Program you want to open this file"
File iexplore.exe

Now in White area : Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation (with the regular Microsoft logo)
Other Programs
When I hit the + These programs show up: Adobe, Media Center, itunes, Word, Notepad, Paint, Real Player

Of course none of these work. Then there is BROWS . . . IF NONE OF THESE WORK BROWSE THE WEB
AGAIN, nothing works

Steps I have taken to try to fix.

Run Internet Option to remove browsing. FAIL

Finally got the rkill--and got this message in my notepad :
This log file is located at C:\rkill.log.
Please post this only if requested to by the person helping you.
Otherwise you can close this log when you wish.

Rkill was run on 04/21/2011 at 21:51:01.
Operating System: Windows Vista ™ Home Premium

Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running:

Rkill completed on 04/21/2011 at 21:51:05.

Running SuperAntispyware for the THIRD time in Safe Mode. These pop up:
System.broken file association 2
Adware tracking cookie 50
Trojan.iexplorer/Gen iExplorer fake 3
Trojan agent /Gen-PEC 3

What I am doing next. Letting the SuperAntiSpyware finish
Seeing if I can get the free Malaware Byte now that maybe maybe may the RKill will kick in.

If you are a sincere person, and you can help please respond.

The people who create and issue these viruses are the scum of the earth. How in the world could you just randomly hurt people you don't even know.

The person who give me the correct will get a very sincere thank you and a very special wish that many good things happen to you and your family by the kindess you have shown me.

Exhausted,
GJbean

Edited by Orange Blossom, 21 April 2011 - 09:37 PM.
Moved to AII from Vista. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GJbean

GJbean
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Update, I can't get into Malaware. I did not have this previously loaded on my computer. When I try to load it I get

Run
I try that and I get
File not found.

Hopeless

#3 GJbean

GJbean
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

Hey everyone, I think I fixed it myself yesterday. It was very late at night, but I think this was it:

1. Restart computer
2. Immediately start pressing F8 to get to screen for Safe Mode (Black background and white letters)
3. Choose Safe Mode with Networking (you may have to use the arrow keys on your keyboard)
4. Wait for it to load (deep breath)
5. Run RKill to stop Virus and Worm from running
6. Try to update to the latest version of Superantispyware at this link. Free version is what I used http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html
7. Run Superantispyware (Mine took about 1 hour and 20 minutes)
8. Resist the urge to punch your computer, kick your dog, or curse the VILE virus creators.
This is hopefully what the program will find,
Running SuperAntispyware for the THIRD time in Safe Mode. These pop up:
System.broken file association 2
Adware tracking cookie 50
Trojan.iexplorer/Gen iExplorer fake 3
Trojan agent /Gen-PEC 3

Follow the steps to remove these items.

Then Reboot and you should be fixed.

Love to my good hearted computer friends. Let me know if this helps. Have a blessed Easter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users