Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Difficulty Uninstalling Program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JulianAS

JulianAS

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

Hello Fellow Forum Posters:

This my first posting in the forum. I have been trying to uninstall AVGFree 2011 Edition (for Windows 7 64-bit). I have gone to the AVG website, downloaded and run their uninstall
program and have removed most of the files; however, some of the program remains. When I type AVG into the search box two files come up: "TableTextServiceSimplifiedZhengMa".
(I believe this is part of the Chinese language portion of the Note Pad section in the program.) When these files come up in the start box I right-click the "delete"; a dialog
box appears saying "Unable to delete because file needs permission of TrustedInstaller". When I search for this "TrustedInstaller" it is located; I then right-click on to "file location";
The location comes up and the option is to open it using Explorer. The browser page appears momentarily, then the dialog box "View downloads-Windows Internet Explorer" appears (?) After this
I reach a dead-end because this dialog box is empty and without further instructions. (I wish I could include screen-shots of this process but I have not yet learned how to do that.)
I have opened these two identical aforementioned files and they contain about 1,975 separate items; I have tried deleting them one-by-one; when I have clicked on the "Organize" button
and then "Select All" and then the "Delete" button this vast group of items actually begins to delete; however, several seconds into the process a dialog box appears saying that I need
permission from TrustedInstaller--and the cycle begins again. I am a little obsessed with keeping my computer clean and free of viruses, clutter, and unnecessary junk including unwanted
files. And, while I don't consider AVG to be a junk program, it does seem to make quite a nuisance of itself amidst uninstalling it. I would appreciate help in getting rid of all vestiges
of this program, and without resorting to the use of a restore point. Also TrustedInstaller appears to be part of the MS O/S. If so, what is it and how can I access it if I need to?
Thanks for your help. JulianAS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 odin88

odin88

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

Hi JulianAS,
Download Revo Uninstaller Pro (trial version Free for a month) and use the built-in 'forced uninstall' utility... type in programs name or file path and hit delete... follow the prompts and this will remove all of the AVG residual left overs.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

It is a program that i use along side windows add/remove as it also removes the registry files.

Iain.
our attitude toward life determins lifes attitude towards us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users