Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Declaration of Independence

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:26 PM

If any of you happen to be in the middle of Kansas April 26th & 27th, the Eisenhower Presidential Libary and Museum in Abilene KS will be showing an original copy of the Declaration of Independence, the Dunlap Broadside.
There are known to be only 25 of these copies left in existence. This copy predates the cursive document with the cursive lettering and signatures that we are used to seeing.

This will be well worth seeing if anyone happens to be in the area.
In the beginning there was the command line.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,495 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:32 PM

That's cool! I wish I was in Kansas right now to see it! But I'm in NY.
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

@computerxpds

Several years ago they had an exhibit called "The Presidents from George to George".
They had at least one item from every president from George Washington to George Bush.

George Washington's family bible will bring tears to your eyes.
Other items such as Thomas Jefferson's eyeglases, John Adams walking stick, Abraham Lincoln's top hat and John F. Kennedy's rocking chair wil give you goose bumps!

Put this museum on the list of places that you MUST SEE before you die!
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,495 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:27 PM

I will be sure to visit it if I'm ever near it. :)
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users