Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Problems (?)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerNoobHead

ComputerNoobHead

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:04 PM

There is something wrong with my video, i try to play video games but everything is all pixelated and really blinky, i think some of the files in the Video Card Settings (or whatever) were corrupted by the virus that i had just gotten rid of because i messed with the graphics settings in my games and nothing worked. It started right when my computer was effected and when i got rid of it i thought it would be the end of all of the problems, but it seems like i still need to do some rebuilding. how do i fix this problem? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 GTA-PC

GTA-PC

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:16 PM

:thumbsup: You need a little more info if you want help. What make of video card on what operating system?
Currently running:
Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 3.46G Dual Core Processor (LGA775 @ 1066MHz FSB), ASUS P5WD2-E Premium Board, ATI X1800 PCI-E 256M, 4GB OCZ PC2-4200 Dual Channel RAM, Twin 250G WD 16M KS Series SATA II, WinXP Pro x64 all in liquid cooled case, 23" Wide Screen LG LCD Display.
Boys with toys.....

#3 ComputerNoobHead

ComputerNoobHead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:18 PM

I have an Nvidia G-Force FX5950 Ultra, i'm sorry i forgot to put that up there, i'm kinda writing a story too hah. i noticed that the tools atop of my word perfect were discoloured. is this another problem, missing icons is another problem, are they all related? my dad built this computer, so i dont know what you mean by "what operating system." be a bit more specific please ^^

Edited by ComputerNoobHead, 31 December 2005 - 12:19 PM.

#4 GTA-PC

GTA-PC

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:34 PM

The operating system = WinXP Home, Pro, 98 ME etc.

Didi you try going to Nvidia's site for driver downloads, they have a new release for your card running on XP that was released on December 21/05. Reinstalling the drivers should remedy your problem.

I'm new to this forum and don't know if live links are allowed but for your card in XP go to

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.98.html

for the latest drivers, hope that helps...
Currently running:
Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 3.46G Dual Core Processor (LGA775 @ 1066MHz FSB), ASUS P5WD2-E Premium Board, ATI X1800 PCI-E 256M, 4GB OCZ PC2-4200 Dual Channel RAM, Twin 250G WD 16M KS Series SATA II, WinXP Pro x64 all in liquid cooled case, 23" Wide Screen LG LCD Display.
Boys with toys.....

#5 ComputerNoobHead

ComputerNoobHead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:38 PM

ok i have the drivers downloaded but how do i install them?

erm... nevermind. wtf was i thinking?

#6 GTA-PC

GTA-PC

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:40 PM

:thumbsup: lmao
Currently running:
Boys with toys.....

#7 ComputerNoobHead

ComputerNoobHead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:52 PM

I Use windows XP Professional, i installed the drivers and now everythings alot WORSE!!! it seemed to work at first and now the screen is blinkin out on me :thumbsup:

#8 GTA-PC

GTA-PC

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 01:08 PM

Sounds like maybe you have some corrupted operating system files.
You can try repairing the XP installation using the repair console with the chkdsk extension. I use this quite abit on systems I repair that have been corrupted with viruses and been cleaned.

Go to:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;EN-US;314058

about halfway down the chkdsk command is explained.

Hope this helps.
Currently running:
Boys with toys.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users