Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After reformat laptop cannot connect to internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Doomsis

Doomsis

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

I recently installed my WIndows XP home edition with service pack 2 to my laptop and some of the drivers for my dell inspiron e1505 are missing. I was able to buy me a eom CD. I cannot even access the internet directly connected to cable modem. The missing drivers are: ethernet controller, network controller, pci device, video controller, SM Bus controllerm base system controller. I don't have any of the disks for Dell because laptop was given as a gift, but came with no CDs.

Some of the drivers on the dell site only allows u to install it, not save it to a usb drive, but my laptop can't even read it.

I tried transferring the setup files to my laptop, but says 'application is not valid with win32. I went to the dell site and some of the files require .net framework applications. Before i even formatted this computer, it was able to read and install these applications. The old .net framework before formatt had .net framework 2.0 for sp2, .net framework 3.5 sp1, .net framework 1.0 for sp2?? Now after reformatting it, can't get a single program back on my latop. And i wanted to run this application but required .net framework 1.1 and says cannot be read by win32. So i thought maybe my files are corrupted so i reformatted it now i cannot get the computer online. The only way i can get the router working is internet access, but the dell laptop didn't recognize the cord. It can't be the cord because i am using it on another computer to post this.

Edited by Doomsis, 21 April 2011 - 03:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

See your other post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic392748.html
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Doomsis

Doomsis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

oh ty =S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users