Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clean Installing of Windows 7 Premium

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

Sorry if I am repeating. In that case, be so kind to just redirect me. Thanks for your usual understanding.
I own a very good custom desk PC (Intel Pentium Dual 2200; 2GRAM, 250 G hardisk). I had XPProPack3 and several severe troubles had recently spoiled its nice using. Repairing was a complete failure. I have a 'two' partition. I have installed every program that could be possible in B, plus all the other personal files. C has the system and the usual unavoidable installed other programs. I have decided to buy a brand new 7 Premium and 'clean' installing it. As, at the very beginning of my PC, the mother board had to be replaced. I think the drivers CD I keep belongs to this late. Well, for shortening this enquiry (as it's possible in real life), my concerns are: first, to get a crystal clear tutorial with the 'specificities' Windows 7 might have; second, to ask if, in the case I wouldn't have or find 'the' drivers CD, is it possible (or easy) to get them on line? Please, sorry. I am a simple amateur old computation fan (74 years old; brain still in good conditions, still working as succesful clinician and expert witness). Sorry again. Many thanks and kind regards.
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

Drivers SHOULD be obtained online. First, go to the website of your computer (or motherboard) manufacturer and download and install the chipset driver. Then go to the websites of your video card manufacturer, sound card manufacturer, etc and download and install their drivers. Then install a good anti virus app. Then download and install Windows Updates (everything EXCEPT hardware / driver updates - NEVER obtain them from Windows Update, only from the OEM websites).

#3 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:57 PM

Many thanks. But, when?

Drivers SHOULD be obtained online. First, go to the website of your computer (or motherboard) manufacturer and download and install the chipset driver. Then go to the websites of your video card manufacturer, sound card manufacturer, etc and download and install their drivers. Then install a good anti virus app. Then download and install Windows Updates (everything EXCEPT hardware / driver updates - NEVER obtain them from Windows Update, only from the OEM websites).

"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

When what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users