Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 ChkDsk

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lunchables

lunchables

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

My Windows 7 Home Premium is doing all sorts of weird things lately. First when it tries to install an "update", the computer gets stuck in the "Do Not Turn Off Computer. Installing update 1 of 2.." and when I leave it on to do its thing, it remains like that even after many many hours. Also, when I turn on the computer, sometimes it gets stuck at the "Welcome" screen, other times it gets stuck on the screen with the Windows Logo "starting" screen. Then when I restart it, it tells me that one of my disks needs to be checked for "consistency", which it checks and often times it allows me to log in afterwards, but then Windows 7 gets stuck when I try to run multiple programs, which forces me to do a hard restart (by pressing and holding the power button until it turns off and pressing it again to turn it back on). I've scanned my computer with Symantec Anti-Virus and had about 15 infections, most being trojans, which all were either quarantined or removed. I don't know what to do. It makes doing mundane tasks very difficult and I can't do a clean install until at least after the semester because I don't want to lose all my important documents and notes from the year/semester because finals are coming up in about a week and a half. (I'm a college student)

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

My Laptop:
Dell XPS M1330
4GB RAM
Intel Duo Core 2(2.0 GHZ)
Windows 7 Home Premium

Edited by hamluis, 24 April 2011 - 02:43 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:36 AM

I've scanned my computer with Symantec Anti-Virus and had about 15 infections, most being trojans

Please Posted Image in the Am I infected? What do I do? sub-forum with a description of your problem, the steps taken so far, and a link back to this topic (they will want to know why you suspect malware).

Please note: the Malware Response team are always overwhelmed, and it could take a few days to get your first reply. Just be patient and don't "bump" your topic by replying to it, as that will only further delay a response (MRT members are looking for topics with 0 replies...if you reply to your own first, it will appear that you are already receiving help and thus delay receiving actual help).

If you still have problems after being declared clean, they'll send you back here.

Good luck. :)
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users