Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IP address questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yoopergirl

yoopergirl

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:48 PM

hey guys, sorry to butt into this conversation but I have a few questions regarding ip addresses and their possibly threats. if someone has your ip address, what are they able to do to your computer, specifically? is it really dangerous? also, I seem to have a silent stalker, I visit a lot chat rooms and game sites regularly and never fails, this person finds me. they never say anything to me, it's more of a I found you! ha! type of thing... but it pisses me off. lol I have nothing to hide, but it bugs me just the same. I wanna send them an I'M ON TO YOU message of my own. any ideas? are they able to track me because they have my ip address? At first I thought they found me because of a keylogger virus on my old comp but now, even with my brand new comp and norton firewall and virus protection here they are again. how is this possible? what can I do about it? and can I find them and possibly see if it's anyone I know personally cause it kinda freaks me out. thanks a lot, any reply will be appreciated.

er, paranoid? lol i thought that too, but no way! two different comps and like 500 times at least! thanks again. and ya know "paranoia is a hightened sense of awareness."

Mod Edit: This post will be split off to it's own topic.
So both topics will be able to get the attention they deserve. ~ S

Edited by Scarlett, 31 December 2005 - 10:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:19 AM

You might want to check this out.

http://www.ncvc.org/src/main.aspx?dbID=DB_...eandStalkers128
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic