Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

0xc0000417 error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wishmd

wishmd

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

When using Tuneup Utilities 2011, I keep getting a message of an exception error 0xc0000417 related to tuneuputilitiesservice32.exe. It does not seem to be related to Tuneup Utilities software, as I have uninstalled, cleaned up all software references in both the registry and elsewhere, and reinstalled. Still getting the same message. It does not seem to affect the program, at least not in the areas I've used it for, but it's an annoyance to see that message, which appears sometimes even when I am not executing (when it's working in the background). Using Windows XP Professional.

Any ideas how I can get rid of this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

Personally I wouldnt use it or anything like it.
Programs that purport to tune up your system, fix your registry and make your system run better than new typically cause more problems than they are worth.

A few weeks ago I worked on a system on which he had run Fixit Utilities or something of the sort.
It fixed his system real good too!
The ony way we could recover from what the program had done was to format and reload Windows!

Programs of this nature are nothing more than a waste of money in my opinion.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users