Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC not up to speed after Blackscreen Crash 4mo. ago.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 geethxs

geethxs

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

I've been trying to get my PC, XP Home, Service Pack 3 operable for 4 months, with not much success.I had opened a bad virus/trogan that crashed my pc,.it went blackscreen. I have gotten it back to workable but so slow its like 3mins to 30 mins for every entry or click a page to open. I've tried many things to try to fix whatever is wrong, but nothing seems to have cured it. I'm thinking the PC might be ruined. So, I found you guys and I'm ready for your advise in what to do next. Thanks. :blink:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

What actions (security tools, scans have you taken so far?

Slowness and performance issues as you describe are not uncommon, especially with older computers. You may want to try some of the suggestions in Slow Computer/Browser? Check here first; it may not be malware. There are reasons for slowness and poor performance besides malware - i.e. disk fragmentation, disk errors, corrupt system files, too many startup programs, unnecessary services running, too many browser Add-ons/toolbars, failure to clear browser cache, not enough RAM, dirty hardware components, etc. As you use your system it becomes filled with more files/programs and has a natural tendency to slow down so cleaning and regular maintenance is essential. Incompatible browser extensions and add-ons can impact system performance and cause compatibility issues such as application hangs (freezing).
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 geethxs

geethxs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

Hello,well after the crash I tried so many thyings its hard to remember them all.I most recently tried all the suggestions on Slow Computer?Chck here first,.some wouldn;t run like gmer, but I really think I need someone to check my HiJackThis log and maybe that can give ya more information than I'm able to. I was able to download S&D didn;t really find anything. ran all the IObit Toolbook programs, no improvements. I have HiJackThis, dds and combo fix. Looking back in EW I see I've had tried,.AVG10,11,.Ausologistics Registery ,.Avira anti-vir,.BillP-WinPatrol,.CCleaner which I still use,.DupKiller,.MalywareBytes-AntiMalware,.S&D still have that,.Windows Defensre,.Microsoft Essentials,.Vipre,.SuperAnti_spyware,.Assassin SE,.pagedefrag,..so many and thats not everything . I'm looking for some help cuz I'm barely a novice and I don't have a clue where to go from here.Waiting on any suggestions,.Thanks.. :huh:

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:17 PM

HijackThis, DDS and ComboFix logs are not permitted outside the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum so they cannot be posted here.

Since you already have those logs, start a new topic in the above link and post your DDS log and ComboFix log in that forum.

Do not post the HijackThis log as it is limited in its ability to detect infection and generate a report outside a few known hiding places and its log may not always reveal all the malware on a computer. That is why it has been replaced with tools like DDS, OTL and RSIT which provide comprehensive logs with specific details about more areas of a computer's system, files, folders and registry keys which may have been modified by malware infection.

Edited by quietman7, 22 April 2011 - 06:18 PM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 geethxs

geethxs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

Ok will do,...Thank you for your help. :thumbup2:

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

Malware topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic393352.html

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MR Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users