Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Remove Tr/dldr.swizzor.co ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zpah018

zpah018

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 31 December 2005 - 08:37 AM

Hi

Recently I have been experiancing some problems with my computor, such as it running slow and not shutting down easily. Also, I can connect to my wireless internet connection with a signal stregth of good-excelent but my computor will not allow me to access or use the internet in any way, it is asif it is offline.

I have run AntiVir Guard, Ad-Aware and Ewido antivirus programs. Between them they have come up with a list of viruses that I am infected with but I beleive that there are more. I have tried to delete these viruses but have not been able to and I have not been able to find the sources either. I am currently in the process of trying to get rid of Adware.Istbar using BC's self-help section but am not succeding.

The viruses that I can find are
TR/Dldr.Swizzor.CO
TR/Dldr.Swizzor.bo
TR/Dldr.Swizzor.CN
TR/Dldr.Swizzor.cb
TR/Dldr.IstBar.KP

My computor is a Vaio laptop with Windows XP

I would like to rid my computor of these and all other viruses, can you please advise me on how I should do this and how i should prevent further Trojan Horses from attacking my computor.

Thanks,
Ellen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:07 AM

Try the steps and programs here
Posted Image

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:00 AM

To reduce the re-infection potential for malware and protect yourself against spyware, here are a few helpful suggestions:

1. Keep Windows and Internet Explorer current with the latest critical security updates from Microsoft including SP2 which has enhanced security features. This will patch many of the security holes through which attackers can gain access to your computer.

2. Prevent spyware, homepage hijacking and increase your browser security by using the following free programs:
SpywareGuard
SpywareBlaster
IE-SPYAD
Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)

3. Prevention and Protection Tips:
Read "How to Prevent Spyware".
Read "Malware Prevention: Prevent Re-infection".
Read "Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe".
Read "How to Configure Enhanced Security Features for Internet Explorer in XP SP2".
Read "Limited-User Security on Windows XP" and "Create Your Accounts" to learn how to set up a user account instead of administrator to prevent malware from installing itself on your system.

4. Confused about which apps are good or not? Read "Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products"
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users