For now, let's stick with your XP machine where you found the problems. If you have the flash disk inserted into your computer, please remove it.
Please run Flash Disinfector
on both clean and infected PC.
Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe
by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.
- Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
- The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
- Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.
- Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
- Reboot your computer when done.
Once you have done this portion, we need to scan your flash disk for any possible viruses along with your system.
Please perform a scan with Eset Onlinescan (NOD32)
.(Requires Internet Explorer to work. If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)Vista Users be sure to run Internet Explorer as Administrator. To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.
Note: Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished
- Now click Start.
- You may receive an alert on the address bar that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.
- A new window will appear asking "Do you want to install this software?" (OnlineScanner.cab)".
- Answer Yes to install and download the ActiveX controls that allows the scan to run.
- Click Start.(the Onlinescanner will now prepare itself for running on your pc)
- To do a full-scan, check: "Remove found threats" and "Scan potentially unwanted applications"
- You will also see "Current Scan Targets" listed. Click on "Change" and select your Flash Disk Drive letter then click OK.
- Press Scan to start the online scan. (this could take some time to complete)
- When the scan has finished, it will show a screen with two tabs "overview" and "details" and the option to get information or buy software. Just close the window.
- Now click Start > Run... > type: C:\Program Files\Eset\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
- The scan results will open in Notepad.
- Copy and paste the log results in your next reply.