Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Wont Start Normally

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ill_Defined

ill_Defined

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:46 AM

Everytime i try to start my computer it stays at the windows loading screen, and doesnt change; i cant neccesarily call it freezing but thats basically what its doing. then i have to hold the button till the pc turns off, then restart it, then choose from the various safe modes, starting normally which never works or starting from last good configuration which doesnt work either. im in safe mode right now, and I just cant function on safe mode forever, it drives me nuts

im sooo quick to just back up everything and reinstall windows but im just so stressed at the moment i dont have the patience for it plus its 6:44 am!, can someone please help please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:22 AM

2 things you can do:

1) Check your Event Viewer for errors and post them here. Go to Start...Run... and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then, click once on the word "System" in the left hand pane - then look for Errors (at about the time of the freezes). When you find them, right click on them and select "Properties". Then, let us know what it says and we'll work with that.

2) I'd try updating your video drivers (but this is just a pure shot in the dark!).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 ill_Defined

ill_Defined
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2006 - 04:44 PM

Service Control Manager
DCOM
sfsync

those are the only red ones that show up over and over at that time

#4 ill_Defined

ill_Defined
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:16 AM

no further suggestions?...

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:47 PM

Sorry, I'm quite busy and don't get back here as often as I'd like.

Right click on the error messages and select "Properties". That'll give you information on what the errors are. If it's too technical, just copy it and paste it into your next post.

I suspect that it's the "sfsync" one that's causing this because I've seen the others in systems that are functioning normally (but check them just to be sure)
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 ill_Defined

ill_Defined
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:02 AM

it says

The description for Event ID ( 12 ) in Source ( sfsync02 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:09 PM

I'm starting to suspect that this sfsync02 thingie may be a virus or spyware. Please do a scan of your system with the tools that you have on hand (please be sure to update them first).

Then, go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and do a free, online scan of yoru system.

If this doesn't fix the problem, then I'd suggest that you visit the HiJackThis logs sub-forum, read their instructions, and post a HiJackThis log for their review. Here's a link to it: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

#8 ill_Defined

ill_Defined
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:53 AM

ok i deleted the sfsync file because of this info i found

Description: sfsync02.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. The file size on Windows XP is 20544 bytes.
The driver can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. The program has no visible window. The service has no detailed description. It is not a Windows system file. Therefore the technical security rating is 5% dangerous.

http://www.file.net/process/sfsync02.sys.html

i also made a copy and put it on my jump just incase BUT it still will not start Normally this is sooo annoying!

and i posted my hijack thing and no one responded yet but i'm waiting

Edited by ill_Defined, 10 January 2006 - 03:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users