I have a laptop with Windows 7 and IE8. I also run Norton 360 Premium Edition 4.0.
When I visited this website:
I was redirected to the following website, which displayed a fake virus warning:
I didnít have this problem (the redirect) in the latest version of Firefox.
After clicking "No" to all JS load prompts the site loaded just fine without redirecting me.
After that I reloaded the site and started clicking "Yes" on the JS prompts and on the 3rd one
I saw in the IE taskbar that the browser was loading something from lshfwq.co.cc and then I was
redirected to the 0ze.net subdomain mentioned above.
The hXXp://www.serradinho.com is the only site this redirect is happening on, as far as I can tell.
I also did the following:
- I ran SpyBot and it didnít find anything.
- I downloaded and ran TDSSKiller.exe from Kaspersky, which didnít find anything either.
- I did a registry search for lshfwq.co.cc, but didnít find anything.
- I loaded the same site hXXp://www.serradinho.com, from another laptop with Windows 7 and Norton 30 Premium Edition 4.0, but with IE 9 instead of IE 8 and I didnít have the redirect problem.
- I did a quick scan Norton and didnít find anything either
Iím doing a full scan with Norton now, but this will take a few hours.
Is my computer infected or is the problem with hXXp://www.serradinho.com?
Edited by boopme, 20 April 2011 - 09:06 PM.
Deactivated DANGEROUS links