Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to speed the burning with Nero Express

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 English Teacher

English Teacher

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:35 PM

Hi,

I have a problem with Nero 7 but in particular with Nero Express. I have downloaded episodes of a children's programme (which is freely available from an Italian broadcasters website). These are downloaded as a"divx" extension.

Now here is my problem, BEFORE Christmas (Just after Christmas I reformatted the computer)I used to burn these to Re-writable DVDs. I used Nero Express and burnt them as a DATA DVD. The whole process took about 35-40, maximum 50 minutes (including the verification process). Before somebody asks, yes I can and do watch them on the DVD player without any problems (otherwise I wouldn't do it and I've done it many times).

I have just, after the Christmas reformat, started burning these DATA DVDs again (as the programme has come back on air again). I haven't used Nero since the reformat. Unfortunately the burning process now takes 3-4 HOURS (including the verification process)

Does anybody have a solution to this problem or can anybody suggest something? It's frustrating not to be able to use the computer for long periods of time.
Thanks in advance for the replies.

Windows XP Pro SP3, 512MB RAM Pent4 3Ghz
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
If at first you do succeed, try not to look surprised.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rick Adams

Rick Adams

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

You could check your DVD's controller has DMA mode enabled. That would explain the difference in time from 40 minutes to 4 hours. Here's a link explaining the method to enable it in XP: Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users