Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BBCode assistance

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sidmcgyver

sidmcgyver

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

I am trying to design a new signature for my gaming clan. I don't know BBCode but jumped in anyway without training. So far, I think I've done pretty well. The problem is that once our clan emblem was release and I inserted the graphic into my signature I can't get my text to bold. I have tried everything and I'm coming up empty. This is largely due to the fact that I am writing something complicated without any experience and may have missed something or messed up some part of the code. Is there anyone willing to take a look at my code (complicated) and see if they can tell me how/where to put code indicating text should be bold?

I have the full code in NotePad.

Let me know, please.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:06 PM

Generally if you want help with code, you just need to tell us what the problem is, what you want to happen, and show us your code.

#3 sidmcgyver

sidmcgyver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for letting me know, I really appreciate it. Basically, I want all text to be red/bold. I have a lot of code so I'll throw in 2 snippets and if you could help it would be awesome.

Here's a snippet:

text (x:stats_border, y:stats_oy, text:nf(kd_ratio, 2), size:8, align: "right", color: "ec4958");
text (x:stats_border, y:stats_oy+stats_rows, text:nf(p.general.sc_objective/p.general.games, 2), size:8, align: "right", color: "ec4958");
text (x:stats_border, y:stats_oy+(stats_rows*2),
text:nf(p.score/p.general.games, 2), size:8, align: "right", color: "ec4958");

Here's another:

wp2_na = text(x:weap_ox, y:weap_oy+42, text:concat("2. ", weap.b['name']), size:7);
wp2_im = image(file: weap.b['img'], x:weap_ox, y:weap_oy+49, w:90, h:24);
wp2_ki = text(x:wp2_im.x+wp2_im.w, y:wp2_im.y+4, text:concat(weap.b['kills'], " kills"), size:6);
wp2_ac = text(x:wp2_im.x+wp2_im.w, y:wp2_ki.y+18, text:concat(nf(weap.b['shots_hit']/weap.b['shots_fired']*100, 1), "% Acc."), size:6, color: "ec4958");
if (wp2_na.w <= 175) {rectangle(x:wp2_na.x+wp2_na.w+4, y:wp2_na.y+7, w:140-wp2_na.w, h:1, fill: "999999");}

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

try replacing color:"ec4958"
with color:"ff0017"

#5 sidmcgyver

sidmcgyver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

try replacing color:"ec4958"
with color:"ff0017"

That helped some. I wonder if the problem is the text size. I can't get much bigger than I have or it won't fit in the space that I'm allowed.

Is there a way I can send you the file (not quite 10kb) with all the code and see if you have any recommendations?

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:30 AM

I don't take files from anonymous strangers on the interwebs. The point of a forum is so that everyone can benefit. It would be helpful to us if we know how/where the code came from. 'BBCode' is not a programming language.

#7 sidmcgyver

sidmcgyver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

I am sorry, again. I didn't mean to offend or seem creepy. I'm really not trying to be an idiot, just unfamiliar with SOP for forums as I don't frequent them. The site, Game stats, provides you with current player stats and hosts graphic signatures to show your achievements in game. I wrote most of this from online help guides(not to mention trial and error) because my Clan site only allows BBcode for signatures. All I want is to have the text in bold but I can't seem to get it to work and nobody I know has a clue.

#8 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:56 AM

I didn't mean to sound like I was chastising you because I most certainly wasn't. :)

At any rate, it mostly looks like css, so my guess is that font-weight: "bold" might work.So something like this:
size:6, color: "ec4958", font-weight: "bold"

#9 sidmcgyver

sidmcgyver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

Thank you very much. I'll give that a try. I did change the color as you suggested and it does show up better just not enough. Let me make the changes with the font weight. Thanks, again! :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users