Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE Redirect, Pop-Ups and No access to USB

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 G M

G M

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

Running Vista, SP2
Internet Explorer is hi-jacked (I believe may be Internet Explorer Warning), getting pop-up errors regarding dll files, pop-up at the bottom stating computer has been infected to install antivirus software.

I tried to run Malwarebytes from a flash drive, but the computer will not let me access the USB. It tries to access, you can see the files, then they disappear and the process starts all over again. I've tried all of the usb ports..nothing.

With IE hijacked and no access to the USB I'm stumped on what to do next. I can't download or install anything. Is there a way to get around the Hi-jacking to be able to download something to get rid of the virus/malware/adware....or all three/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

Hi G M,

Do you have access to another computer with a cd burner and a blank cd?

If you do, we may be able to get the utils on your computer that way.

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 G M

G M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

Yes, I do but I'm not sure it's going to be much help. I can't even open a file, Word, Adobe, Excel anything but a picture. I can't open task manager, nothing, but pop-ups. I can't get to system restore. I don't want to have to wipe it. Is there another solution I'm missing? I'm going to try to burn a cd, but I'm not hopeful

#4 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

Hi G M,

Ok, I'm going to give you a list of utilities to download on a "clean" computer and burn to CD.

The list is as follows:

Copy all these utilities to a Blank CD and let me know when you are ready.

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users