Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tracking Cookies

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 taisha

taisha

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:37 AM

Good Morning, I'd like some help with getting rid of tracking cookies. Atdmt and ad.yieldmanager is always coming up as i open my browser. Please help and thank you.

(Moderator edit:post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 20 April 2011 - 09:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

The method of getting rid of tracking cookies will depend on which browser you are using, so please let us know which.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 taisha

taisha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:44 PM

Thank you so much for your help, i am using IE 8

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

How to delete cookies in Internet Explorer
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,990 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

You can block the ad/ tracking cookies aka third party cookies from installing on your computer. Follow the directions
for IE in the link below.
Block Third-Party Cookies in IE7 - How-To Geek

After changing the settings to block, you will need to remove the cookies that are now
installed.

EDIT:
You should also delete the ad/ tracking cookies from the flash settings manager. You can
block them there, too. Click on all the tabs and set your settings. Best not to allow any
storage in flash, too.
Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager

Edited by buddy215, 20 April 2011 - 07:28 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 taisha

taisha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

Thank you for your help, that was the first thing i tried deleting cookies but that's not working. I will try to block them otherwise and see what happens. Thanks again

#7 joggiwagga

joggiwagga

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

Any takes on add-ons like "BetterPrivacy" on Firefox 4? Supposed to be good for the flash cookies as well.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,990 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

I use Firefox 4. If you follow the instructions in my first post here for blocking the flash cookies and follow the
instructions below for blocking DOM Storage, I don't see a need for the Better Privacy addon.
DOM Storage "Cookies" - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Forums

Of course, you will want to block the third party cookies in the options, privacy settings in Firefox, too.

You can run Firefox in Privacy Browsing mode for more privacy.

Using the two addons, Adblock Plus and NoScript would be the icing on the cake
and secure your browser against many malware sources such as a driveby install of malware
by just visiting a site.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 joggiwagga

joggiwagga

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users