Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittent Connection Problems With IE8, Outlook 2003 & Firefox

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 James IoM

James IoM

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:37 AM

For 2 or 3 weeks now I have been having intermittent problems connecting to the internet or receiving/sending mail.

I am using a Dell Vostro laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium but the problem also seems to occur on an HP Laptop running XP Home Premium. Both computers connect to the outside world via the same Draytec ADSL 2 router. It makes no difference whether the laptops are connected by WiFi or hard wired to the router.

On the internet side my browser stops connecting saying it cannot display the page this occurs both in IE8 and Firefox. When I check the network connections it reports that the computers are connected to the router and the router is connected to the internet. Usually Outlook is still receiving mail and Skype works. After a few minutes the internet connection will re-establish but often this can be speeded up by rebooting the router. This doesn't happen all the time. For example on Monday it didn't happen at all but yesterday (Tuesday) it happened with annoying regularity sometimes every 2 or 3 minutes.

With regard to Outlook 2003 this program sometimes stops sending emails or on occasion like now it will neither send or receive, however my browsers are working well. I have a number of email accounts in Outlook most of which are for my own domains which are hosted on the same 3rd party servers but one of which is on a totally different server and is not owned by me. The problem happens on all the accounts at the same time which suggests it isn't a problem for one particular server or account.

With Outlook 2003 I get send receive error messages saying Reported error (0x80040119) : Unknown Error 0x80040119.

Has anyone any idea what is causing this? Could it be an anti virus program or even some malware? My Vostro security is handled by Trend Micro Security Agent. I've scanned my computer with this and also with Malwarebytes Anti Malware but no issues are reported. The HP used AVG and Malwarebytes again no reported issues.

Help please this is doing my head in!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users