Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange process,2 notepad.exe's cant delete

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mungle

Mungle

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:09 PM

The thing is I have only just noticed it.

These two notepad files in my task manager so I got curious as to why I could not remove them from the process list. So I downloaded Process Explorer to see whether it could delete it either.

Weird thing I saw immedialty, was that the 2 Notepad.exe's had no parent, they were just running... and the colour of the process was grey, which isn't on the "Change highlighted colour" thing.

I'll attach an image so you can see for yourself.
I would like to know a way to remove them, as I like to keep my process list clean, and this has confused me greatly.

Posted Image

Edited by boopme, 20 April 2011 - 08:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mungle

Mungle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:16 PM

I've noticed that they're are infact "Suspended" Only problem is, I cannot Un-suspend them. I do not think this to be the works of a virus, due to the fact I run weekly scans, and did a combofix only 9 days ago due to my PC getting destroyed by one peice of malware. Which has been sorted now. And I'm fairly good with computers, as I now work at a computer repair shop [Not PC World :o]

#3 Mungle

Mungle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:00 AM

Bump?

I would really like to know how I can remove such processes. And after some reviewing, I had this problem before I actually did the combofix, so it's either not a virus, or a good one.

#4 Mungle

Mungle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

Well this forum [no matter how busy] is pretty useless, I'm gonna have to fix it myself, thanks anyway though... i guess.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:38 PM

Moving to (guessing XP)
3 self replies,made it appear they were etting help.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users