Hi ValerieD, We need to disable Spybot S&D's "TeaTimer"
TeaTimer works by preventing ANY
changes to the system. It will attempt to undo any fixes we run, because it blocks these fixes from running.
In order to safeguard your system from problems that can be brought on by a half finished fix, we need to disable TeaTimer. We can reenable it when we're done if you like.
- Open SpyBot Search and Destroy by going to Start -> All Programs -> Spybot Search and Destroy -> Spybot Search and Destroy.
- If prompted with a legal dialog, accept the warning.
- Click and then on "Advanced Mode"
- You may be presented with a warning dialog. If so, press
- Click on
- Click on
- Uncheck this checkbox:
- Close/Exit Spybot Search and Destroy
Please re-run Malwarebytes. Make sure to update it first, then run a Full System Scan.
Also, Please download GMER
from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
* Main Mirror This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
* Zipped Mirror This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
* Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
* Temporarily disable any real-time active protection
so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
* Double-click on the randomly named
GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
* Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
* GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
* If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO
* Now click the Scan
button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
* When the scan is finished, click the Save
... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log
* Click the Copy
button and paste the results into your next reply.
* Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.
-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.