Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound slows down when onscreen objects move

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lti

lti

• Members
  • 583 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

On my Gateway Solo 2500 laptop running Windows 98 Second Edition, the sound slows down and becomes garbled when something on the screen moves. I've heard that the video card driver is the problem as other people with the same graphics card (NeoMagic MagicGraph 128XD) started experiencing the same problem after updating the video card driver. I have also noticed that there will sometimes be no sound or the sound will stop working. In both cases, restarting brings the sound back.

I am running the latest video card driver. The sound card is detected in Device Manager as "NeoMagic MagicWave 3DX Sound System," but I have not checked for an updated driver. Any help will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lti

lti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 583 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

The sound suddenly started working properly today, just before I was going to make a video demonstrating the problem.

#3 odin88

odin88

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:09 AM

If you were not experiencing any issues before updating the the cards drivers then I would suggest that you roll the driver back to resolve these issues.

Iain.
our attitude toward life determins lifes attitude towards us.

#4 lti

lti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 583 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

I was having the problem before updating the drivers. Howerver, it suddenly fixed itself yesterday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users