Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help With Alexa

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 maxnik

maxnik

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:48 PM

Hello,
I'm trying to help this guys to get his PC back. I think it's Spyware issue. It's an old Dell PC with Win 98.
The main problem is that during boot Windows gives an error saying:
\
While initializing device IOS:
Error: An I/O subsystem driver faied to load
Either a file in the .\iosubsys subdirectory is corrupt or the system is low on memory.

It does look like a driver issue. It is possible to load in safe mode however. and also I've been restoring registries with scanreg utility to at least be able to do smth.

So I tried running Ad Aware in safe mode and was able to load Windows. But then when I was running Windows updates during restart i got same error. So I run Ad Aware and it finds Alexa. Spybot and Spysweeper keep finding Alexa also. I guess it rebuild itself.

Can somebody please look at my log and help me get rid of the thing.
If you need more info let me know.
Thank you
-maxnik

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:29:23 PM, on 12/30/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\REAL\UPDATE_OB\REALSCHED.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETGEAR\MA111 CONFIGURATION UTILITY\WLANCFG4.EXE
C:\HJT\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://totalinternet.snap.com:8005/channel...ernet-0,00.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.localnet.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Total Internet
N1 - Netscape 4: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://home.netscape.com/"); (C:\Program Files\Netscape\Users\Default\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: BrowserHelper Class - {EBCDDA60-2A68-11D3-8A43-0060083CFB9C} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NZDD.DLL (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Creative Launcher] C:\PROGRAM FILES\CREATIVE\LAUNCHER\CTLAUNCHER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE c:\windows\SYSTEM\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE c:\windows\SYSTEM\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - Startup: MA111 Configuration Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\MA111 Configuration Utility\wlancfg.exe
O4 - Startup: Resume Windows Update Installation.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\Windows Update Setup Files\ie6setup.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Dell Home - {80CD5300-C57D-11D3-AF13-E0A565C10102} - http://www.dell.com/ (file missing) (HKCU)
O12 - Plugin for .avi: C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETSCAPE\COMMUNICATOR\PROGRAM\PLUGINS\npavi32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .exe: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O12 - Plugin for .pdf&rnk=4&qry=endovaginal+ultrasound+pregnancy+nuchal: C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETSCAPE\COMMUNICATOR\PROGRAM\PLUGINS\nppdf32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .SWF: C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETSCAPE\COMMUNICATOR\PROGRAM\PLUGINS\npswf32.dll
O16 - DPF: {11260943-421B-11D0-8EAC-0000C07D88CF} (iPIX ActiveX Control) - http://www.ipix.com/viewers/ipixx.cab
[size=1][color=#FF0000]An easy way for the blind to go, A clever path for the fools who know. The Secret...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 maxnik

maxnik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:32 PM

hello,
i ended up formating the system and reinstalling Windows.
this topic can be closed now. thank you
-maxnik
[size=1][color=#FF0000]An easy way for the blind to go, A clever path for the fools who know. The Secret...

#3 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:54 PM

Done.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users