Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to xbox live though tethering

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 teh hunter

teh hunter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:37 PM

So I recently figured out I could tether my phone and use its connection to the internet rather than my horrible satellite connection. First thing I wanted to try was to play games with this connection. I came across information saying I need to use PDAnet, and further more I used this tutorial. Link

The problem I'm having is that during the connection test, on my xbox, it fails to connect to the internet. Specifically the DNS servers failed to resolve the names of the xboxlive or xbox.com servers. Something to that effect if it wasn't word for word. Anyway I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions to the letter, but I may be wrong.

So yeah, I'm pretty much wanting to know what that means, and am asking for help if anyone can give it. That and let me know if it would probably be best to ask elsewhere. Also if any more information is needed, same goes for that. If I'm asking for more than can be given, well it sucks but fair enough.

Edited by teh hunter, 19 April 2011 - 07:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users