Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIN 7 Task Schedular

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Marmic

Marmic

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

Having just purchased it, I am now running WIN 7 Premium. I have previously used Liberty Basic to create an application under Vista.

Now that I am in WIN 7, the Task Scheduler will run the application if I place it in the root
directory (C:\). However, if I place it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Prompt\ directory,
Task Scheduler has an error after starting to run the task.

The error sequence is that Task Started, followed by Task Failed to Launch, followed by Task Failed
to run.

I have browsed, cut and pasted, and typed the path information into the Action window of task schedular
always with the same results.
If the path is C:\Prompt\Prompt.exe the task executes from Task Scheduler.
If the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Prompt\Prompt.exe, the above error sequence takes place.

If I type the Program Files (x86) path and file name into the Start > Search Box, Windows finds the
program. I can successfully execute the found program. So I am pretty well convinced that the problem is
with the task entry in task scheduler.

I am the only user of the computer therefore am the administrator.
Liberty Basic is installed in the root directory since I have not be able to register it unless
I install it in the root directory instead of Program Files (x86).

Does anyone have any ideas about what I may be doing wrong.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users