Yes, it'll prolly work.
1. buy the new IDE cable for "master/slave" (two leads after the one that plugs in where present one does)
2. The PC (HP) will likely recognize it after install
3. no drivers needed
4. physicallyattach the unit to the case.
5. use the end of the IDE cable that is at the end for Master
6. The one in the middle is for slave.
7. You might need to go into the BIOS (first dos screen before booting windoes) and reconfigure, but
8. it might recognize the 2nd CD-RW without anything in BIOS reset.
Post your progress, success or partial success. You need to buy that (cheap) cable.
any used PC places around you?
Edited by phawgg, 30 December 2005 - 09:43 PM.