Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS WON'T START AFTER UPDATE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:56 AM

I Do not know what happened to my computer. I had not used for a couple of days. Its a Windows 7 64/32 bit laptop.

When i tried to start it up I was not really paying attention, figuring it would do its usual thing but I recall it saying something about installing updates or something extra, then in about a minute or two it said "configuring windows" and after about 2 minutes it said that it had failed to configure and it said system would shut down which it did and then restarted and the whole scenario played out over and over again, it just says configuring windows, failed, restart, so i do not know what happened or how to fix it.

For several weeks I have been working with someone at microsoft with my computer problems and he had it going great for about a week and then today - this problem. I had to to a system repair, i guess it was, with microsoft, where I started it with a disk and it did not wipe out everything on the hard drive but I cannot remember how to do it and I hate to do it because afterwards there are all kinds of updates the computer has to do but I just can't figure how to get it past the "configuring and then shutdown/restart loop"?????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:32 AM

You can use this guide on how to perform repair options using your installation or recovery disk. There are also links for other repair options included throughout the tutorial:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681-startup-repair.html

#3 mrfingerz

mrfingerz

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

Another good tutorial here as well.
It's nice to be important, it's much more important to be nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users