Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

multiple issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kjjb

kjjb

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:52 PM

Hi all,
I have got a windows error 7 14001.
I noticed weird things yesterday after I downloaded latest windows updates 98 meg worth 2 days prior. Itunes brings up 14001 error 7, mailwasher keeps wanting to close on opening, and I get repeated pop ups saying lan connected and then unplugged.
I recently reinstalled endnote 14 after using clean up which appears to wipe the program from word.
My internet searches don't seem to help me much.
I am using windows xp service pack 3.
I have reinstalled Itunes and it says successfully installed but does not open repeating the 14001 error 7 message.
Will cleaner remove dll files that are sometimes needed to run applications.
I have also had issue with power point saying files are corrupted and needs to open in safe mode. these are uni files and safe.
i reinstalled mailwasher today and now it won't open at all.
My machine is also running really really slow.
I have scanned with nod 32. antimalware bytes super anti spyware and did a kaspersky online scan.
all not revealing anything major.
need some help.
i also closed my kids accounts on the machine and so this is all i have done different in the past few days.
kevin

Edited by hamluis, 19 April 2011 - 07:11 AM.
Moved from XP to Am i Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:20 AM

Try doing a "repair install" using your Windows XP CD.
Follow this guide: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

If you don't have an XP CD, back up all your user files & perform a factory recovery to re-install XP as it was originally.

#3 kjjb

kjjb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hi Pip,
Thanks for the feedback.
I am not computer savvy and all the warnings does make me feel a tad trepidatious for fear of somthing going wrong and not being able to intuitively correct it.
i do have my original xp pro disc but would rather someone with more expertise and experience try this.
Do you have any thoughts on what may have caused my machine to play up like this and offer any other more user friendly actions and investigations to sort it out.
thanks for response.
kevin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users