Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WMP12 & albumart

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jacktheripper

jacktheripper

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

For the past few weeks I have been downloading .jpg albumart for my .mp3’s, and find it annoying to discover that (on a regular basis) the appropriate artwork will not only download and associate itself to relevant .mps, but will also do the same to several other existing .jpeg files which already contain the proper albumart (for other music).
I am quite new to WMP12, Win 7 and IE8; could someone clarify not only why the albumart attaches itself randomly to other existing .jpg’s for no apparent reason, but also how to download the albumart only & not replace other existing albumart files.
Before posting this query, I changed the .jpg and .mp3 attributes to ‘read only’ status (I assumed that putting a tick in this box would protect the file from alterations of any kind) - could someone please clarify in layman terms exactly what advantages are gained by enabling the ‘read only’ box?

Another annoyance with WMP12 is: sometimes when transferring .mp3’s & .jpg’s simultaneously (either to external H/D or to a newly created folder on the H/D), the .jpg’s containing the albumart remain/s intact, but the .mp3 file itself reverts to a generic music symbol. Would anyone have any idea why this albumart goes AWOL?

Lastly; if I uninstalled WMP12 and replaced it with a previous version, would the Win7 OS and this previous version of WMP conflict in any way?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:44 AM

Afraid I can't help you with your album art issues, but I can tell you that it's not possible to change to an earlier version of Windows Media Player.
Version 12 is built in to Windows 7 and there's no uninstaller for it, and furthermore, earlier versions of WMP are not compatible with Windows 7.

You can turn Windows Media Player off, but that doesn't uninstall it. it simply removes it's shortcut from the desktop taskbar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users