Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SQl Server Web edition 2008 R2 won't install on Server 2008 R2 foundation edition

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

Hey all,
This is driving me nuts. I was able to obtain a copy of SQL Server Web edition free from Microsoft's WebSiteSpark program. I went to install it on my Windows server 2008 Foundation Edition R2 server after removing all of SQl Server 2008 R2 express. I can't get the darn thing to install on there no matter what I do. The command prompt flashes quickly, and then the installation center pops up. That's pretty normal, but the unfortunate thing is there is no option for new installation or to add features to an existing installation. I know very well that Web edition doesn't support upgrade paths from express. Why do you think this issue is occurring? Thanks for any help.

Chromebuster

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromebuster

chromebuster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:09 PM

Oops. Microsoft are quicker than I thought. I posted this here because it looked as if I wasn't going to get another response from them. I did. Sorry about that. They tell me to make sure that everything, including all registry entries are removed as well, so I have to go in and do that. But it's confusing because you tell us not to touch it when removing a program in general.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users