Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Streaming IP camera's

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mattbirk

mattbirk

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

I have just purchase (used) 3 IP Intellinet IP camera's and I have my own domain/hosting, etc.

How would I stream them to my website? Do I need special software? Is it simple, or not so simple?

I would want to password protect them too, but I want to take it one step at a time, and at least get them going.

Thanks!

Edited by Blade Zephon, 18 April 2011 - 08:32 PM.
Moved from Networking to Web Site Development. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:21 AM

Your best bet is to just do a search for 'video streaming software' and see what you come up with. You might want to check and see whether your hosting company will allow you to set up streaming video. And you will probably need a dedicated system to stream the video to your host.

#3 mattbirk

mattbirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

I have a dedicated system for it. Could I just port forward to that local PC, and use my WAN IP address?

Also, I have seen some other software, I could change the port to whatever, and use mydomain.com:1338 for example? I guess I will try it out and see what I get

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

I don't know what your setup is like, so I can't comment on what will or will not work with your setup. If you are capturing streaming video with your own system, and your hosting is not on your own system, then you are going to have to stream your video to your host so that it is available to the public.

#5 mattbirk

mattbirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

Hosting is all done at my house for my domain. Everything is done at the one location. I am going to play with it over the weekend...I haven't looked far enough into it all yet...will let you know. Thanks

#6 mattbirk

mattbirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

Alright, so I have the camera setup on my network, I can access it using www.mydomain.com:1000 (i changed the port number to 1000 for Web server port)

I can access the web server of the camera (the login page) externally, but there is no camera feed, it is just blank. I can see the feed inside locally using 192.168.1.151:1000(the local camera's IP)

I have port forwarding setup for port 1000 -> 192.168.1.151

Why would I not be able to see the camera feed, but I can see the login page...there are other port options, but I don't exactly know what to change, and/or port forward.

Image transfer port(8000-65535) which is set to: 8080
Upgrade port number(8000-65535) which is set to: 9000
Ptz port number(8000-65535) which is set to 10000

Any help getting the live stream to work externally?I can access the login page externally, and the actual camera settings...just not the feed!

Thanks for any advice!

#7 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

Could be a million different things really. I don't know anything about the topic. You might need to go to the support forum of whatever software you are using and ask there.

#8 mattbirk

mattbirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

Just to let others know, if they find this thread I did get it working by doing this:

Forwarding port 1000(HTTP) to the internal IP address (192.168.1.150)
Forwarding port 8000 (Image transfer port) to the same internal IP address (192.168.1.150)

By having both of those forwarded, I was able to view the webcam stream off of my internal network, using my public IP address.

Also, I was able to get it working on my Android Thunderbolt using the app IP Cam Viewer Lite, using the IP address, and 1000 as the HTTP port number.

Hope this helps someone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users