Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SPyware Problem?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 paulegt

paulegt

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hi all, Im not sure if im infcted or not but i keep getting pop up adverts every now and then and i also have slow running sometimes.
Our Router plays up alot too so was wondering if this may be caused by something on the computer.
Any help appriciated.
Many Thanks
Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The Stig

The Stig

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hey mate :)

First of start with this:

1. Download Malware antibytes[MBAM], From here.
Posted Image

2. Start of with updating the database. Press the update tab. Posted Image

3. Then press the "Check for Updates" button. Posted Image

4. When updated, then i'll recommend doing a full scan. Posted Image.

5. When you are finished, hopefully it will say that no infections where found. If still you are suspicious then keep following this guide.
Posted Image

Edited by Blade Zephon, 21 April 2011 - 05:24 PM.

#3 paulegt

paulegt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:53 AM

Thankyou, i ran a scan yesterday but 3 things came up as far as im aware (i went out but the log says there were 3 items)
However today windows automatic updater is showing as off but in the settings it is showing as ON.
Also computer has slowed up a bit too.

#4 The Stig

The Stig

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:26 AM

Removed reg cleaner instructions ~Elise

Edited by elise025, 27 April 2011 - 05:41 AM.

#5 paulegt

paulegt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

Thankyou, PC seems much faster now, just got the issue still of the Updates saying its off when the settings say it is on.
I have done a full scan with Avast! with no infections found.
I have also done a full scan with Malewarebytes' Anti-Malware and again nothing has been found.

Where do i go from here?

Many Thaks for help so far :)

#6 paulegt

paulegt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:00 AM

Also when the computer shuts down it comes up with a window delaring it is forcing the closing of CiceroWndFrame or something like that.

#7 The Stig

The Stig

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:46 AM

Hmmm.. Do this then ;)

Posted Image

1) Start of with downloading Superantispyware from Here

2)Update the virus Database. That is a important step. Posted Image

3) When done updating, do a complete scan. Posted Image

4) When you are done, then delete anything that is been detected

#8 paulegt

paulegt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

Done the scan and only tracking cookies found, no virus found yet...

Same problem still exists

#9 The Stig

The Stig

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

Can you explain to me again what your problem is ?

#10 Computerproblem101

Computerproblem101

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

Hi there, Paulegt. It seems The Stig was able to help quite a bit. At this point I'm going to suggest that you download Spybot Search And Destroy from here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html after download you will need to right click the Spybot icon and click "Run As Administrator" - this is due to the fact that the updates and many common viruses detected by Spybot generally require advanced elevation. Right now we aren't going to focus on the Immunization feature until you're clean. Once the program is open: click Search for Updates button, you will then be asked where you want to download the updates from. I live in the USA, if you do as well click any that says (USA) EG. Securitywonksnet1 (USA), the option will then be highlighted.

Click the "Continue" button with the arrow pointing to the right side and download any updates that are automatically checked. You can then exit the update screen and proceed to click the icon with binoculars reading "Check for problems", the scan will then begin, you may be prompted as to whether you want to remove temporary files to speed up the scan.

My suggestion would be to click yes and allow the scan to run. Remove anything in red that seems dangerous. EG. Trojans, Hijackers, etc. anything that is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) you will generally want to wait until a more advanced malware removal folk can take care of that, remove anything that is seemingly dangerous.

If you have any questions as to whether you should remove something, you can post a screenshot here and I will either answer telling you to wait for the malware removal team if it looks strange or say yes/no if it's something you clearly shouldn't be touching. Do know that Spybot has a recovery feature, so if you remove anything that wasn't dangerous you can always purge it from your system or recover it back into your system at a later date.

Let me know how that went, best of luck to you.

Edited by boopme, 24 April 2011 - 06:03 PM.
Edit for readability

#11 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:00 PM

Hello,

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic393326.html you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users