Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Display Has Turned Upside Down

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 resascup

resascup

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:13 PM

I was going about my business on my computer when the screen went black. It stayed that way for a few seconds and when the image popped back up, everything was upside down. I restarted the computer hoping that it would return itself to a normal state. That didn't work. Microsoft's site has proved to be no help. Is there any way to solve this? I'm going to back up my data in case I have to reset. Will that even work?
Please let me know. The computer is only a few months old. It's an IBM T43.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jaybeast69

jaybeast69

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:05 PM

pressing Ctrl, Alt, and the arrow keys can rotate and flip over the display. You may also have accidentally bumped the up arrow while using Ctrl-Alt-Del. also going back to a day or two before the problem occoured might help out as well.....

another thing, if anyone else has access to your computer, there are several joke virus's that do this (as a real bad, and ever-so-tasteless joke) you could always run a Housecall online virus scan (free) by TrendMicro.... just check the box to auto clean. If you use Internet Explorer, you will be required to download and install an Active X object before you can scan, If using Firefox, or Opera, just having Java (jre) is all that is required. :thumbsup:

Edited by jaybeast69, 30 December 2005 - 09:06 PM.

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:09 PM

ahh, thank gawdd you got good advice, (I was going to say "turn your monitor 180 degrees and carry on) :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#4 jaybeast69

jaybeast69

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:20 PM

ahh, thank gawdd you got good advice, (I was going to say "turn your monitor 180 degrees and carry on)

:flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :cool: :) good one :P :) :) :) :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users