Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No audio on Laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trouble at mill

trouble at mill

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

Hello, I have just managed to rid my daughters laptop (using B/computers spyware removal forum) of MS Removal Tool, but since then there has been no audio on her Toshiba Satellite L450-18D, I just get a message saying there is no audio device installed, or, there is a problem with your audio, or it might be in use by another program or not functioning properly. The audio was fine prior to the infection with MS Removal Tool. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:55 AM

The audio driver may have been corrupted or removed.
Check the Device Manager for any error symbols such as a question mark or exclamation mark which indicates a driver problem.

You can re-install the audio driver by downlaoding it from here: http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/generic/SUPPORT_PORTAL/

Enter the laptop's serial number & click "Go", or alternatively click "Auto Detect".

Or you can use the manual selection drop-down boxes on the right to choose the correct model.

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

Windows Operating System currently installed?

Edit:

Ok, it looks like Win 7 64 bit was pre-installed on this system?

If yes, please click here to download the audio driver.

The download is a .zip file, which you will need to extract using a program like WinZip OR WinRAR. Once the extraction is complete, open up the folder and look for the driver installation file (Setup.exe)

Run the Setup file, complete the installation process, restart your computer, check your audio settings and let us know. :)

Edited by ReviverSoft, 19 April 2011 - 10:26 AM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 trouble at mill

trouble at mill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:45 AM

Hello, I downloaded the audio driver on my own system and saved it to a usb drive, transferred it to the Toshiba notebook, (as it has no connection to my wireless network) the driver seemed to go through the installation procedure Ok, but there is no change in Device Manager, the installed driver is showing a date from 2009, also there is a symbol in the system tray which says audio service is not running, if I try to play an audio file I get a message saying: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device, there might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly! Device Manager says the audio device is working correctly.

#5 corneto_20

corneto_20

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:36 AM

Please try this one: Please press and hold Window key (located on bottom left of your keyboard between ctrl and alt) and press R then type "DXDIAG.exe" (without quotes) and press Enter . Then click Yes to run the test. Click the Sound tab and check for any problem found. You will be able to see there if you indeed installed the driver of your Sound card. If not found or if the error is there, follow the step by step procedure provided by the computer.

With regards to the driver of your sound card, make sure that you have the correct driver installed. Always verify the OS available for your computer from the website. It would be best if you can still locate and find the cd driver installer of your laptop computer.

Corneto_20

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users