Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What do you think is the top computer problem? (POST YOUR OPINION TOO)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jaksueaj

Jaksueaj

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

What do you think is the top computer problem? for me its "COMPUTER IS RUNNING SO SLOW", This is the number one complaint from most users. because of spyware, viruses, corrupt registry the computer would start to run slowly.

EDIT: Moved from External Hardwaare to Gen Chat ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 18 April 2011 - 11:40 AM.
Moved to more appropriate forum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:58 AM

The top computer problem are the computer users. People who either don't know better or throw caution to the wind. They click on links and attachments which infect their systems. They download infected files. They don't update their security programs, they don't run them often if at all. Some don't have an antivirus or firewall.

A lot of problems could be avoided if people were more responsible about their computer use.

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:27 PM

+1

Also there are those that are to cautious and download and run almost every anti virus program that there ever was. Or those that don't ever clean the dust out of their computers resulting in overheating.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

+1

Every issue, other than a manufacturer or hardware defect, with a computer can be traced back to the user at some level.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Amker

Amker

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:46 PM

What do you think is the top computer problem? for me its "COMPUTER IS RUNNING SO SLOW", This is the number one complaint from most users. because of spyware, viruses, corrupt registry the computer would start to run slowly.

EDIT: Moved from External Hardwaare to Gen Chat ~ Hamluis.

I agree with you that this is worst problem with PCs.

#6 shinjikun

shinjikun

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Blue screen of death comes up quite frequently for the windows peoples.

#7 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

I would say USER INEXPERIENCE is the biggest issue...

You have these idiots trying scam people,take thier $$ and everything and its sad how many ppl fall for these things......

If they were more aware of just how mean and evil the internet is,they might not fall for it :)

#8 CFred

CFred

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:58 AM

Yep, computer users it is. "Blue screen of death comes up quite frequently for the windows peoples."

Guess I've been extremely lucky then. Used a WinME computer 8/01 thru 11/10, bet I only saw BSOD 3 or less times.

Edited by CFred, 28 June 2011 - 02:01 AM.

#9 castoffpolite

castoffpolite

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

Everyone starts somewhere, and from my point of view, even computer users that are trained have problems sometimes. What I see as the biggest problem with users, is when humans do not learn as they go along, what is good, recognizing the bad and avoiding the dangerous. I should not throw rocks as I live in that glass house. I'm still learning.

The biggest problem in my house, is keeping the machines up to date and secure. I am considered the family go to person for computer problems. My biggest :censored: are those that understand the system so well, that no matter what I do to secure and keep my families machines out of trouble or what amount of money I spend on AV or firewalls, those that know how to be destructive, do so with such anonymity that they get away with murder. Yesterday Monday, 6-27, we got hit again with a strip and reformat attack. This time my machine survived, by my husbands machine, an MS OS did not. This is the first time they have struck his machine as previously it was my machine they attacked. This is a scenario of if they want in they will get in no matter what you do to discourage or protect your property.

There have always been scam artists, and there will always be scam artists. The problem is recognizing the wolf in sheep skin.

Edit to add, IMHO, in our search to become more than what we are, we allowed MS to corner the market and use a :flamethrower: against any others that might attempt to challenge them. We made our bed, so let us sleep in it and hope that sleep is sound.

Cast.

Edited by castoffpolite, 28 June 2011 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users