Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

More Ms Exchange Misery

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:20 PM

I have a user who didn't receive several expected messages this week. The sender of the message sends thousands of these automated messages per day, and of course, the sender says that they sent it. They even have logs stating "we did connect to your server and it returned that it was delivered.

Here are the logs, FYI:
12/30/05 13:43:20 SMTP-IN 496 216.55.165.4
RCPT RCPT TO: 250 Requested mail action okay, completed

12/30/05 13:43:20 ME-I0149: 113E1B8E52144A74B7677F95BD81D4D6.MAI was received successfully "

Here's what I've tried:

1. I went to Exchange system manager to tools -> message tracking center, and tried to find all messages sent to this user this week. The message I got was "The tracking database on ***.com is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization" . So I'm not even sure if message tracking is working??

2. Navigated to C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Queue and looked for "stuck" messages in there. There were a bunch of messages in there, but they were all dated 6/10/04 or 6/11/04. The message I'm looking for would have been sent this week.

Did I mis a spot?

Is there anyplace else I could check?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users