Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update not working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SWPhantom

SWPhantom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

Hey there!
Specs: Windows Vista 64-bit. SP2 installed.
Problem:
For several months, whenever I open up Windows Update, a VERY long time passes until anything shows up the window. When the "check for updates" finally shows up, clicking on the button yields the following dialog message box:

"Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer."

Naturally, restarting has no effect on this. I'd gone through other online resources and had run the Windows utilities that attempted to reboot the Windows Update components. Nothing has worked. I am afraid that this could snowball into larger issues if nothing I have is updated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users