Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop no longer connects to wireless router

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 disjen

disjen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

It has been a long, frustrating week with my computer. I started last Saturday with the Windows System Restore virus and after finally getting it all removed, I had to deal with a Google website redirect virus, which appears to be finally cleared from my system. As one of my final attempts in clearing it, I had read on here that possibly my router could be infected, so I had followed steps to reboot my router. Now that I've done that, I was able to reconnect my daughter's laptop to the wireless connection with no problem (her laptop has been fine throughout all this mess). My laptop can't connect wirelessly. Wired, I am ok. It can see my network & acts like it's trying to connect, but it fails each time...doesn't even come up with the place for me to enter my password.

I've been reading things in this forum, but after a week of fighting with this computer, my brain is just fried & I don't know what to try next. It seems like everytime I fix a problem, another one crops up.

Grateful for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 McGrubber

McGrubber

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

I would bet that somewhere in all of the mix some of your wireless settings were altered possible issues encryption/authentication settings are incorrect.

I don’t know what OS you are running, if you can navigate to “my network” places rt. Click on it select properties then you should see all of your adapters listed on the page.

Select your wireless adapter and rt. Click > Properties> in there you will find settings for that adapter verify that the connection method is correct and you may just want to re-enter information WEP key ect......or whatever method you are using.

Hope this helps,

Edited by McGrubber, 18 April 2011 - 02:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users