Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Able To Right Click When Start Is Pressed.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ldf

ldf

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 04:57 PM

Similar to what the topic title says when the start menu is open I can't right click. It does nothing. I haven't tried anything to restore. Anyone know why? If you want to know what programs are in my Add/removal screen i'll post a screen shot. If it also helps, might not but, after i restroed this computer the last time I have not uninstalled nearly anything XP Service Pack 2 installed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:31 PM

ldf:

I found this in my searches...

From - http://www.duxcw.com/faq/win/xp/rtstart.htm

Right-click Start Menu Items
Last updatd: 1/18/04

Q. Right-clicking Start Menu items has no effect...

A. Start, Control Panel, Taskbar and Start Menu, Start Menu, Customize, Advanced, check Enable dragging and dropping.

Let use know if that helps,

Edited by Joshuacat, 30 December 2005 - 09:32 PM.

JC

#3 ldf

ldf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:10 AM

I already reformated this comp, so I can right click again and rearrange programs and folders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users