Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

microphone no longer working in tf2

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Daishi

Daishi

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:33 PM

hi my microphone no longer works in tf2, i had to reinstall xp 2 days ago. i'm not sure if its my drivers or tf2. could anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

After installing the OS did you install all drivers starting with the chipset driver? Look in device manager - any red or yellow symbols?

#3 Daishi

Daishi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

everything is installed fine, i do have a sound blaster installed and i disabled realtek. i've tried it with realtek on and off. i have no idea what it could be, i have all the latest drivers.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

Whats tf2? That might help some of us who don't know every acronym.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Daishi

Daishi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

team fortress 2

#6 master131

master131

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:01 AM

TF2 (Team Fortress 2) is a game (that I have). :whistle: Have you tested your mic outside the game? Maybe in Sound Recorder? Have you set up the settings properly (like setting the microphone as the default recording device)? Try going into the game and click on Settings then the Voice tab. Make sure Enable voice in this game is enabled and that the Voice transmit volume slider is full. Also click on Test Microphone to make sure the game is picking up the audio properly. If all of that passes and it still does not work, make sure your using the correct key (you can check in the Keyboard tab in the Settings).

Edited by master131, 18 April 2011 - 06:03 AM.

#7 Daishi

Daishi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:51 PM

i've used sound recorder and it works fine in that, and when i goto to test it in tf2 it will sound fine, but if i test it again all i get is static.

#8 master131

master131

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:12 AM

Strange, perhaps you should head over to the Steam Forums. You might get better luck there.

Edited by master131, 21 April 2011 - 06:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users