Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

diNovo Media Desktop wireless mouse, kb & media panel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joelook

joelook

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:09 PM

This is what I'm putting out there to see or hear of any information or opinions or scenereos in using this type of wireless component(s) on my computer.

I got this Logitech Dinovo as gift and wanted to install it, started and then canceled with the process because I needed to first, get a lot more info. about it and the bluetooth, in general.

Also, there's option to use a mobile phone on the port (or i presume it's bluetooh to hook up phone, with the other components, or that is the keyboard, mouse and they have a separate little panel with numerical keypad and it's for media player, & music from what i learned.

Since I'm one of the last lone guys without a cell phone, believe it or not, i don't need that particular mobile phone feature that BTW, in the installation mode, there is a box to check or keep unchecked for the mobile phone files to be downloaded and upon CHECKING the box or from what I really believe I did double-take to make sure it was not part of the files for installing and once OK'd and into it, next thing i see is the frekn' mobile phone files being loaded in or for the installation folder...So, with that, I was kind of turned off on the idea of hooking it up. But having opened up the box and like the laptop style keyboard, etc...i thought maybe I'd get some other outside reviews or input in this regard to see or get more of a solid idea or not if bluetooth's good or not so...and if it takes over the computer to slow down everything then...that's stuff I'm looking to get more knowledge about.

Thanks*
HD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250310AS SATA 3.0Gb/s
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Brisbane processor

Edited by hamluis, 17 April 2011 - 03:45 PM.
Moved from XP to External Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

I use a wireless mouse but I'm no fan of wireless keyboards because they are useless when it comes to doing anything outside of Windows.
By that I mean things like getting into the BIOS Setup, Boot Options, Advanced Startup Options etc.
Many systems don't recognise any key-presses (especially 'F' keys) during the boot process if the keyboard is wireless.
I don't care if the wireless mouse isn't recognised in such scenarios but a functioning keyboard is vital so I use a PS2 k/b all the time.

Edited by pip22, 18 April 2011 - 10:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users