Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

calculator and power toy calculator

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joelook

joelook

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

I lost orig. calculator from Accessories recently and I think it had to do w/my re-install of WMPlayer...

Meanwhile, I went ahead and downloaded the powertoy calculator and have used it a couple of times, and in general, it's not necessary that I have all the features that it has, but more so, I don't think i set it up correctly because to use it, unlike the Powertoy Tweak UI where it aligned to the Programs folder and using mouse key to start, of course, you can scroll and see that it's positioned in it's own folder but the powertoy calculator, I have in MY Docs. folder and created a shortcut, thinking that that would "open" from the desktop without having to hunt it down too much. But instead of opening, it has to install (or in this case, reinstall) and that's the only way you can finally use it.

It MAY facilitate this whole inquiry and process of using a calculator, to just go ahead and use my CD for the windows xp to replace or repair lost files +/or drivers, as I'm finishing up typing this post to draw toward that as conclusion. But I'll see what anyone may have to reply if with any suggestions or information in this regard. I appreciate it and thanks in advance :)

joelook

My computer
OS XP pro sp3 Ver. 2002
AMD Ath 64x2 DuelCore

Edited by joelook, 17 April 2011 - 02:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:48 PM

Before you do anything with the XP cd, try this.

Open up My Computer from your desktop then open Drive C.

Next click on Windows. Find the System32 folder, open it, scroll through the entries in System32 and find calc.

When you see it, right click on the icon and send a shortcut to your desktop.

If you want to put the shortcut back in Accessories:

C:\Documents and Settings\<<Your user name>>\Start Menu

If the Accessories folder is there, drag the desktop icon and drop it into the folder.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 April 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#3 joelook

joelook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:42 AM

Thanks alot for the excellent details on getting this powertoy to activate and for some reason, after I tried it a couple of times, that is, going in and just running the application and making the shortcut and dragging it right into the powertoy's folder for the Tweak UI-one, funny when I rebooted, it all worked out.

Your reply, though's good timing for me, as this is more of a formula-like method, as opposed to my trial and error or try-n-see, so, I'm saving the instructs.

Thanks again for the input!

joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users