Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nis Beta 9.1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 topguncomp99

topguncomp99

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:39 PM

A new version of Norton Internet Security 2006 (version 9.1) is available for free download as a public beta.

http://www.symantec.com/public_beta/

The focus of this release is to test the new functionality of the LiveUpdate 3.0 technology.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:08 PM

I have had problems with Norton in the past and had several issues with it. The main one was it devowers RAM. I had conflicts with both OutLook Express and MS Office. I can only imagin that the Beta version will be as buggy as section 8 housing.

There are several good freeware AVs, that if you need the extra feature are well worth the upgrading to the pay version.

Antivirus (Run only one.)
AVG Free Edition Antivirus (I personally use)
Avast Home Edition Antivirus Freeware
AntiVir Personal Edition Classic Freeware
BitDefender 8 Free Edition

I hope I did not offend you. That was not my intentions, but I feel both MacAfee and Norton are bloatware that are less than a good value at any price. That includes free.

IMHO
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:37 AM

Thank you for this information. Later today my uncle may be coming over and is a Computer whiz. I'll tell him I have NIS 2006 as a trial. All he'll need to do is enter the license number he has.

You helped a lot!
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users