Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Exchange

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:24 PM

Anybody know how to do a search on Active Directory or Exchange for all accounts that have mail forwarding set up?

I haven't seen any field that looks like 'forwarding' in the list of fields that you can search on in the Active Directory search.

I would like be able to turn mail forwarding, auto replies, and Out of Office responses off, but first I would like to find all accounts that are sending such stuff.

Some background - I just installed GFI Mail Essentials as a spam filter and noticed that a lot of bad addresses were being whitelisted. The way GFI Mes works is that it uses all outbound mails as examples of 'ham' - good, non-spam, mail. So the only way for weird addresses to get into the GFI whitelist would be for spam to be being forwarded by various users.

So I decided to shut off mail forwarding, auto replies, and Out of Office responses on the Exchange server and see if that would prevent the addition of bad addresses to the whitelist.

It appears to have worked, but I would like to know whose mail forewarding I just killed :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users