Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Ultimate

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:05 AM

Ok guys, when I try to start up the computer it beeps and then shuts off? What gives, bad hard drive?Any replies welcome.Al
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:49 AM

What does your owner's manual or respective website...say about the beep codes you hear?

Louis

#3 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

I have no manual, it just wont boot the os. It bleeps a code is all I know, thanks for the reply. It's an HP pavillion tower.
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

You need to provide a LOT more information.

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?
2) What type of system?
3) Is it the usual beep you hear when the system starts normally or are there multiple beeps?

#5 Rick Adams

Rick Adams

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

Assuming the motherboard in your sig is the PC you're having problems with, this pdf (question 2) shows the beep codes. Asrock technical FAQ

#6 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

Thanks, but the pc is an HP pavillion tower pc, it just beeps, it does not turn off, no virus and I upgraded the os to Ultimate Vista, reformatted the hard drive two months ago, every thing was fine for two months, it's a client's pc. It's four years old, I figure the mother board is shot, or maybe a battery would fix it? Thanks Al

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users