Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2000 can't install TCP/IP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thinktech

thinktech

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:05 AM

Good morning,

I'm having one crazy issue after another with my windows 2000 box. On friday the box decided it didn't want to go to the internet while the device was booted up normal I could ping websites I could ping other computer on the network just couldn't access the internet. If I went in to safe mode totally different situation I could access the internet ping I had full access to internet and network. Well I was working on removing what ever problem was in the computer. The companies IT guy decided he would give it a shot while I was gone and instead of trying to remove anything or even scanning the computer he decided to delete the tcp/ip and not even install a place holder. So when i got back to the office i used combo fix and malware bytes got the system completly cleaned tried to a setup a static ip to connect to the office computer and I had no TCP/IP tried to install and this is the message I get. COULD NOT ADD THE REQUESTED COMPONENT. THE ERROR IS: THE NAME IS ALREADY IN USE AS EITHER A SERVICE NAME OR A SERVICE DISPLAY NAME.

I've already tried a dirty install that didn't work not sure what else to try please please help me thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thinktech

thinktech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

No suggestions anybody

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

So you are saying that TCp/IP doesn't show up in the network adapters properties?
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:18 AM

Hi

You say that you have run a 'fully updated' Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan - Can you Copy / Paste the results of that scan -

Also , if you are a computer expert, you then used ComboFix , did that find or remove anything ? ?

And from Baltboy ->> TCp/IP doesn't show up in the network adapters properties? <<-

Your Internet Service Provider says > . . . ? ?

Thank You

Edited by noknojon, 21 April 2011 - 06:23 AM.

#5 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:26 PM

Sorry I meant the local connection properties found by right right clicking my network places - properties- Local connection- right click- properties
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users