Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unsure what this means on Eset Nod32?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Curiousp

Curiousp

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

A few months ago my parents were using the computer and when I returned home I noticed that Nod32 had terminated a connection on the internet. It said that in the HTTP filter, access to the site (a rogue website was listed) was terminated as three Agent.NCU trojans attempted to connect to the computer. It also said that threat was detected on access to the web on application iexplore.exe

What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that my parents visited a website and the fake antivirus site may have been contained on the website and it tried to send some trojans to cause havoc, but they were terminated? I am unsure of what this means as my parents didn't see anything and I certainly did not experience it. I ran multiple scans with Nod32 and Malwarebytes and nothing was found. Do I need to do anything else to ensure that the computer is clean, as it seems that a previous autorun infection is no longer an issue.

Thanks everyone :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

It means that a website which was being loaded was blocked from loading in whole or in part because Nod32 recognized it as a threat. It was blocked before anything dangerous could be downloaded.

#3 Curiousp

Curiousp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:13 AM

It means that a website which was being loaded was blocked from loading in whole or in part because Nod32 recognized it as a threat. It was blocked before anything dangerous could be downloaded.

Ahh, okay I see.

Thanks so much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users